Updated: Jun 27
The Daily Halacha Moment - Tishah B’Av 😪
״כל השונה הלכות בכל יום - מובטח לו שהוא בן העולם הבא״ (נידה עג ע״א, מגילה כח:)
“Anyone who studies Halachot every day is guaranteed that he is destined for the world-to-come” (Megilla 28b, Niddah 73a)
Why are we fasting on Tishah B’Av?
The Mishnah in Taanit 26a lists five tragedies which befell Bnei Yisrael on Tishah B’Av:
1. It was decreed that our forefathers would not enter Eretz Yisrael, and would pass away in the desert over a forty-year period.
2. The first Bet HaMikdash was destroyed.
3. The second Bet HaMikdash was destroyed.
4. The city of Beitar was captured by the Romans, and tens of thousands of Jews were slain.
5. Turnus Rufus plowed the site of the Bet HaMikdash and its surroundings.
Because of these tragedies, Tishah B’Av was declared a day of fasting and mourning. The basic prohibitions on Tishah B’Av consist of: not eating or drinking, not anointing oneself, not wearing leather shoes, not engaging in marital relations, not studying Torah, not extending greetings, not working, and not sitting on a regular chair.
May we be zoche that this Tishah B’Av will be the last one of us mourning and Bzh next year we will be celebrating this Chag!
📲 The Daily Halacha Moment is written exclusively for this broadcast so when forwarding please include the link! 😊
Founder Of The Halacha Moment
🌟 Today's Halacha Moment is dedicated:
🕯 Leiluy Nishmat:
Mishael Ben Frecha
Efrat Bat Aushra
🤒 Refuah Shelema:
Chana Bat Sima Feiga
Sion Ben Elie
🗣️ Want Your Friends/ Family to Be Part of This Amazing Broadcast?
👇 Click Below 👇
⭐️❤️ Want the _zechut_ of dedicating a Halacha Moment seen by thousands?
Dedicate day $52
Dedicate A Week $325
Dedicate A Month $1250
🤩 Comment on this Halacha Moment and let us know how it impacted you.